Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 22: Nothing to the Effect of Anything

Today, I did nothing of consequence except take an incredibly long, but involuntary nap (drowsy medication), watch a bit of TV and play with the pets. I tried to take Pogo out for a walk, but half way through I got so tired (again, because of the meds) that I decided to turn back, but not before buying some envelopes! How exciting! Well at least they are eco-friendly envelopes. Woo...

While on my walk with Pogo though, I thought I would add to the talks about the apartment-building-construction-series by proving my point about feeling like I'm living in a concentration camp. Remember the barbed wire I talked about on Day 3 of this blog? Well here is a photo I took of it. Thankfully it's being taken down now, but who knows what they'll do next.

In slightly more interesting news, I just saw this list about pet-calendars that I thought were adorable (minus the one with images of dog poo). I want the proverbial cat one!

Tomorrow, I will embark on my one-week university application preparation, which will hopefully give me enough time to mail the materials to the colleges next week. I have also decided to completely redecorate my apartment just to be annoying to my pets because it resembles a pigsty right now...only pigsties are cleaner and classier.

Today's Flickr Uploads: Sad Cats of Cheung Chau
on youth with sadness a little tiger
I saw these two kittens wandering around the urban trail on the island. One of them looked so injured and sad. I wish I could have brought them home and honestly, it took me a lot to say no to myself for doing just that. If I had my way, I would buy a thousand acre land and open a pet-rescue centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment