Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 17: Winter is a-coming.

Winter has decided to come a little early this year in Hong Kong. As a rough estimate, the current weather conditions right now are the same, if not worse, than the cold-wave spell we had last January. Sure the temperature hasn't dropped below 20 degrees or so, but if you have ever lived through Hong Kong winters, you know that number doesn't really mean anything because it's the wind-chill that really is the killer here. But man, it's kind of scary how obvious the weather problems have become because of global warming.

On the plus side, winter skies are beautiful and are throwing gorgeous sunsets over the harbour. This photo was taken at twilight from the docks that my building stands behind. I'm proud of myself for keeping steady enough to take the shot without using a tripod. Oh and I live in the wide building to the left, in the front.


Still, despite the bone chilling cold, I never get sick of watching kids walking around town dressed like Randy in A Christmas Story. Only, it's nowhere close to snowing here. Oh how parents love to torture their children (and themselves seeing as they don't dress any better).


Winter also means that Christmas is coming! My favourite time of the year - something I look forward to starting 26th of December of the previous year. Unfortunately, this year's Christmas is promising to be the worst I've ever had! Though, I'm hoping to be able to afford this or this lomography camera to keep myself occupied.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh exciting! Christmas is a matter of terror for me at the moment - have been invited North to boyfriend's family....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, just make sure he doesn't keep certain things in his pencil case as well :)

    ReplyDelete