Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 31: Tuesday at Fernando's

I went to Macau today and just like every time when I come back from there, I have to say that I love it! No... LOVE it! I love the people there, the colours in the streets, the food (oh god, the food!), the compact cars, the scooters (yay!) and just everything really...well okay, almost everything. I hate the pollution driving down from Zhuhai, but even the moon isn't perfect right?

Well the trip started with the usual hour long ferry ride that can drive even the most sane people bananas (which it did). After that it was just a lot of wandering around the city for the sake of wandering around the city really, though this time I didn't stick around the main tourist spots (except St. Paul's, but then that's a given). Instead, I walked around the backstreets of the peninsula and got some very nice shots, which of course have been added to a backlog of 8 billion and 2 photos now. Why do I do this to myself?

After wandering around for a good few hours, it was time to eat and what better place to eat in Macau than the extremely popular Fernando's. For those who haven't been...picture this: Portuguese restaurant in a very big cozy wooden cabin next to a breezy beach with a beautiful sunset, steak and a glass of sangria. In other words, it was perfect!

And then came that ferry ride again that made me go all coo coo!

The picture to the right was taken at a small temple in the streets behind St. Paul's. Looking at this photo as well as many others that I took today (including the one posted for "yesterday's" entry), I noticed that I had a very simple, but linear concept in my head today for some reason...perhaps those were the only things that inspired me? I would post more photos, but they'll eventually get covered in the "Today's Flickr Uploads" section anyway, so there is no point repeating. Speaking of which though...

Today's Flickr Uploads: Dried Stench at Peng Chau
DSC_0171 DSC_0036 DSC_0159
If I didn't like dried squid so much, I'd throw up.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh Macau! It's amazing there. At least in my memories (which are quite few =( )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing there! I wish you could've come last summer...you would've really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aagh.. I just found your amazing beautiful blog! I love your photos and stories. Now I know what to do during my incredible boring working shifts at the opera... Thank you!!!

    Anna xxx (the ex-blond)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I thought you'd stopped blogging after you left Hong Kong! Just saw your portfolio though! it's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete