Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 23: Whence He Came

I didn't really get up to all that much today, but it was all good in the end and I'm glad to say that I'm in quite a positive mood... Looks like that awful mood-inducing injection from last week is finally wearing off!

Taking my good-ish mood with me though, I went back to the HK Academy for Performing Arts (pictured) to get transcripts and reference letters sorted for my university applications. It's funny though because as long a time as I spent at the Academy, and even though I can still navigate very well through it's incredibly confusing labyrinth of an interior, I still felt very distant from it. The first thing I thought about when this came to mind was how it must have felt for some people to be cut away from their dæmon (His Dark Materials), only not as traumatic. I know, I know...that's taking it too far, but it's just that despite how much I bitched and moaned while I was at the Academy, I really did enjoy my studies there and it's what I did there that's given me a clearer light into what I want to pursue as a future career. And the day I walked down the stage in my hideous purple academic regalia, I really did feel a pang in my heart because I would have to give up something familiar...something that had, dare I say it, become a part of me.

But anyway, it was really nice to go back and see some familiar faces and talk to some of my lecturers (who I adore, honestly). I find it hilarious that I never could be as open with the students at the Academy as I was with the lecturers. Then again, a lot of students there had the maturity level of an ant in a tutu. Long story short, I had an excellent visit there.

Later when I got home, I decided I was in the mood to cook, so I made Singaporean chicken curry, some fish fillets, baked some bread in my tiny oven and made some yummy vegetable soup. I love cooking! Just wish I had an oven that was bigger than a shoebox...literally!


Today's Flickr Uploads: Rocky Shores at Cheung Chau
A Bite to Save From Volcanic Islands A Rocky Coast the foundation of kong

1 comment: