Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 21: Inner Peace, Outer Pain

DSC_0346

I know I say this every week, but I love walking. With all the transfusion therapy that I'm going through these days that leaves my moods in hell and keeps me nauseous, walks are just what I need I think. The fresh air and the gorgeous scenes clear my head and do my body a whole lot of good. So with that in mind, I went on a walk today which I thought was going to be much shorter than it really was, but then what do I expect for trying to conquer half of Hong Kong island in one afternoon...

Mind you, it wasn't a difficult walk at all. I thought it was quite relaxing with 90% of it being on flat terrain, and of that, 80% being paved as it is a catchwater trail. The views especially were fantastic, ranging from an urban mish-mash in the north to the absolute peace of the south. Sure I wish it was less hazy, but it was still pretty... and I'm extremely proud of making it to Stanley from Central. Haha... Click here for a rough route map of my trip! 14 kilometers covered in just under 6 hours... took so long because there were many rest and photo stops involved. Shouldn't take you longer than 3-4 hours otherwise.

The only downside being that my legs are dead now because of all the walking on concrete...but, at least I'll be getting a good night's rest tonight.

Today's Flickr Uploads: Cheung Chau Clutter
DSC_0173 DSC_0002 DSC_0197 DSC_0082

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an amazing walk.

    I miss walking in HK. Now's the best time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is! which is why you need to come back :D

    ReplyDelete