Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 19: A Humid Issue

Well it's become more and more obvious over the past few weeks that my apartment is about to go into pieces. Literally.

Since they started the renovation work on the outside of the building, I've noticed damp patches build up on some of the outer walls of the building. Now, in normal circumstances, I wouldn't care because the water would simply evaporate and if it does start to mold, I can simply wipe it off the surface or blow-dry it for a bit. These are not normal circumstances, however, 'cos as soon as the water leeks through the walls, it peels the paint away because my landlord is was stupid enough to have the whole place painted in water-soluble paint and I know for a fact that it was not because he wanted to be eco-friendly. In fact, who in their right minds would use water based paints in a humid sub-tropical location?

Honestly, I should not have to pay rent to live in a place where the paint is peeling, mold is growing and where I am woken up very early in the morning with extremely loud drilling noises that drive me and my pets crazy. Though I think having this oddly decorated head in my room is already a sign that I've gone mad. Don't ask me why it's there...it just amuses me. Every so often, I change the way it looks and each time it gets more and more hideous. Before this, for example, he was just wearing woolly earmuffs, that have now become my dog's favourite chew-toy.

Today's Flickr Uploads: Trail-walking in Cheung Chau
DSC_0150 DSC_0143 DSC_0136

2 comments:

  1. it looks more like a dinosaur than a human head like they claim though lol

    ReplyDelete