Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 8: Inspirational Gusts

I always find it hard to feel inspired in Hong Kong. One of the reasons being that I feel most inspired artistically when I am close to nature and at first glance, one does not think of Hong Kong as the land of nature even though it's quite obviously there. In fact 60% of the land here is uninhabited, and many of the landscapes here are spectacular - sure it's not Ko Phi Phi Leh, but we are still in a tropical region and if you know where to look, the views can be just as exquisite here. And if not the views, then at least the experience alone can be breathtaking. After all, we have our very own ranges of cliffs, tropical blue waters in the north, beautiful sunrises and very dramatic sunsets, vast marsh lands, our very own (and very famous) urban jungle, and what not. We have everything. It may not be world class, it may not be picture-perfect, but the ability to go from one environment into another within mere minutes has always fascinated me. I love Hong Kong (minus the awfully rude people and boring city life).

And the city life is what I believe to be the reason of my lack of inspiration at the moment: the pollution, the rude zombies trailing the streets, and just the general vibe (or lack there of) drags me down and takes whatever energy and motivation I have away, so I do not feel like I am free enough to wander around and take in anything.

But thankfully, I have been so incredibly bored lately, that I've pushed myself to go out anyway and I cannot even begin to say how full of life I feel. The fact that I cannot use my new-found energy and inspiration because of lack of work is another matter, but the fact is, I feel like I am me again, and I feel like I know what I am capable of doing at least. And just in that spirit, I planned to go for a walk to one of the northern trails today, but because of the weather, decided to stay in the south and covered part of the Shek-O Country Park, which was - there are no better words for it - amazing.

Sure the weather was very misty because of an upcoming rain storm, but the winds were so strong that if you'd stand too close to the cliffs, they would surely knock you off. And the views were so subtle in match to the weather that the whole experience was just plain surreal. And beautiful. And if I were a talented enough photographer, I would have captured that beauty, but as it stands, most of my photographs came out misty, except for this one, which I thought looked like a Chinese painting. (provided that you look at it from a bright monitor that can show you the colour differences between the deep reds, greens and black). All in all, beautiful scenery that gave me a lot to think about. Not all of which was good, but thinking is good. At least I know where I stand.

2 comments:

  1. That photo is beautiful! I thought it was a painting when I first saw it! Nice work babes!

    *Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful!!!!!!! i thought that its seem my dream......................your so genius

    ReplyDelete