Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Post 52: Peace on Earth, Goodwill to Men

Post 52: Peace on Earth, Goodwill to MenChristmas is finally here and so is the spirit of the season that I have been waiting for. As Chuck mentioned earlier today, perhaps it is because the day is finally here and we don't really have a choice to escape the spirit - it's almost as if it's forced upon us. Maybe so, but whatever the reason may be, I am glad that it's here. I feel giddy; I want to put up lights, decorate a tree finally, buy presents, write over-the-top messages in Christmas cards and what not! Only problem is that I am leaving town tomorrow morning to a country where...well Christmas isn't really on top of the list. Either way, I have my iPod packed full with about 6 CDs worth of Christmas carols and my bag is full of chocolate oranges which I bought earlier.

Plans for the actual trip are still changing. Now there is some strange concern about altitude sickness which was overlooked earlier? I'm getting a little frustrated by all these little things because I honestly don't want this to become another one of the family-oriented trips where I have to meet 8,000 people in a day simply because we happen to share some sort of blood-bond back from the age of the Neanderthals. I have nothing in common with these people, nor do I wish to explore any new common grounds.

But anyway! Should everything work out as it's supposed to, I think I'll have a good time there! As long as I can get some peace, I'm happy. Well, I'm off...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment