Monday, December 22, 2008

Himalayan Heights

As I might have mentioned before (though I cannot be bothered to actually check it myself), I'll  be going to the north-western Himalayan range for Christmas. The plans were finalized and tickets were bought literally two days ago and still we're not sure if we may have to change plans en route because apparently the area is being surrounded by dense fog these days. We shall see! Anyway, here is the route map of the planned trip so far:


View Larger Map 

We'll start off in Chandigargh and head north to Pinjore and then up to Kalka where we will first stop to go up to the Timber Trail by cable car and then back down to take a train to Shimla. From there, we'll head to Kufri, where hopefully I can take some snow shots, and eventually make our way west to Bilaspur where there is a fort and several temples to be seen. And if we have time, we'll head up to Kulu and the Great Himalayan National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment