Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 44: Mr. Justin

Today, I started actually teaching instead of just training-and-teaching. The difference being that I nearly wanted to pee in my pants because I never realised little children could be so intimidating. In fact, I wonder if I would much rather teach high-school students (who I hate with a passion on a good day) than 5 year old Tommy who threatens you with crying at the top of his lungs if you don't give him a sweet. But at the same time, they're just so cute that they can get away with it.

So what does this have to do with the picture for the day? Well one could interpret it as "oh god, please help me" but instead, it was just taken at a playground near the school. I thought the floor tiling made interesting patterns and this one in particular is reminiscent of the fact that I am teaching at Christian schools... or something (good to know, my bullshitting abilities are still kind of up to standard).

Oh and I love the fact that the kids call me Mr. Justin because they can't pronounce my last name to save their lives. Bless 'em!

1 comment:

  1. hey Mr Murgai(I can pronounce it correctly nowadays :P) If I threatened my mum with crying at the top of his lungs, my butt would've been swollen by... lol

    yes and kids need more patience than you can imagine.. especially when those parents who give them all they want to please them...

    ReplyDelete