Friday, December 12, 2008

Day 48: Tracks!

I think it has been quite obvious over the past couple of days that I have not been very good at updating my blog. But as I mentioned in my last post, it's simply because by the time I come home, I am so incredibly exhausted that anything that requires even a minuscule amount of brain power is boxed up for another day. I can proudly say though that I have at least been taking photos despite the fact that I hardly have the energy to lift my camera and that I have not really been inspired as that would require extra brain power.

But anyway, enough whinging. Let's talk about the photo of the day: I mentioned a few days ago in this post that even though I have been living in Hong Kong for over a decade, I had never known that the Light Rail (LRT) even existed. Mind you, I think it's a well known fact that I barely even cross the harbour, let alone go into the New Territories because...well why would I? I'm a typical islander as they call us...someone who considers Kowloon the Dark Side and the New Territories, China. But anyway, I've been really enjoying riding along the LRT mainly because it's over-ground unlike the MTR and there's a lot to see considering that I've never been up there! One of my favourite things about the LRT is that it runs on proper railroad tracks that cut across the middle of the roads! Sure, we have the tram tracks on HK island but they're just two steel I-beams embedded in the road...the LRT tracks are hardcore though! And wherever there is a railway crossing, there's a jumble of tracks criss-crossing each other which just looks wicked! Will have to try to take a photo of that one day. The tracks in the photo are at the Shan King (North) station.

I know it's pathetic to be all giddy by the sight of train tracks, but I absolutely love trains! So yeah!

2 comments:

  1. When I first visited Hong Kong, I thought the MTR was the only form of rail transportation but during my second visit, Jenn told me about the KCR and the Light Rail. With so this many modes of transportation, there's no need for a car.

    ReplyDelete