Saturday, December 20, 2008

Post 50: Curiosity

I was going to write a very witty post here about the idea of curiosity and why it is that we are curious, but as it happens, I've taken my antibiotics which are quite close to knocking me out at this point. And because of that, I've forgotten most of what I was going to write. So I'll leave the issue out for you to think about and discuss, if you so wish: does curiosity kill the cat or make kittens? We, like most living organisms are always looking for answers and solutions to some sort of problem...If there is no problem, we wonder what the problem may be so that we may ponder on its solution. Why? Maybe it's just for the sake of experimentation/knowledge, or for making life easier for us, or simply to get a thrill out of the experience. What is the point of acquiring knowledge about random things? For instance, why is it important for us to know if a grain of sand might weigh eh much on a Tuesday? What possible significance does it have in our life? Mitä järkeä? Quin és el punt?

I realise this entry is random and that is partially due to the fact that I am severely doped at the moment, so excuse me before I make a total fool out of myself...

2 comments:

  1. Asioissa ei yleensä ole järkeä... :) I could add one more question to this list of sometimes bothering questions... If a guy asks you to call when you have time and then when you call him, he doesn't answer or call you back? What on earth made him change his mind about you? Or what a hell happened? Heh... Luckily I'm going tomorrow to Singapore to have 3 weeks of fun and work with our lovely friend Mun-wai and be so busy that I don't have time to wonder this kind of things.:) btw Todays was the darkest and shortest day of the year, so now there is going to be more light everyday!

    Try get better and enjoy Christmas! so in Finnish:

    Hauskaa Joulua!!!

    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha oh yes! that is another one of those ultimate questions, eh! luckily, like you said, you'll be with the queen of queens, so you don't have to worry about it! say hello to him for me!! Merry Christmas! :) xx

    ReplyDelete