Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 38: Light and Dark

Today, I did nothing of consequence. Surprised? Well don't be because it is the second last day before I start working full time as opposed to the part time work that I have been doing so far. I took the afternoon and evening off especially to do nothing and by nothing, I mean nothing. I slept, when I shouldn't have and I'm almost sure that I will have trouble sleeping tonight, but the good thing is that I don't have to go to work until later in the afternoon tomorrow since I finished everything I needed to get done for the week today and e-mailed all the stuff to the boss.

So why the lamppost? No reason, really. I just thought it was pretty. The photo was taken at the docks in front of my apartment building. Speaking of lampposts, I remember reading this quote a long time ago and it still makes me laugh so I thought I'd share it: "Asking a working writer how he feels about critics is like asking a lamppost how it feels about dogs" (John Osborne). And same is the case with art and design! So true, so very true!

2 comments:

  1. http://thepookguy.blogspot.com/ is a real site and in fact, he's affiliated with AIESEC, which is the organization I worked with to come to Hong Kong! Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That's so random, especially considering where we found that blog address!

    ReplyDelete