Saturday, December 27, 2008

Entering Himachal Pradesh

And so we reached our first hill station (Bilaspur) in the foothills of the Himalayas today and what a beauty it is! The town is actually a whole bunch of village-settlements stuck together along a wide stretch of the valley. We started our trip early this morning and it took us just about five hours to get here. The views were spectacular, but again, because of the winter fog, parts of the valley and mountains weren't visible enough to take decent photos. We did have some luck in some of the sunnier areas, where I think I must have taken about 300 photos! It was all just too gorgeous!

I am having trouble logging in to my yahoo account at the moment (some security issue?), which means that I cannot upload these photos to Flickr just yet so I won't count them towards my 365 just yet...but I had to share these three. They are of course, unedited:

This was taken soon as we started heading up the mountains. There were so many of these monkeys there! Made me laugh!


Just before making our way back to the hotel(which is amazing), we walked around the river bed, where this photo was taken


This is the view right out of my hotel window! How pretty is that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment