Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 40: Nothing but the truth

“Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired.” - Richard Kemph

This is exactly the reason why I sometimes use quotes to back up my pathetic blog entries... because no matter how busy my day might have been, sometimes it is just hard for inspiration to come by. Take today for instance, I went to teach today - I had a whole range of emotions flowing through me before, during and after the lessons, but I just could not translate them into a photo. Heck even while I walked around a part of Hong Kong that I've never been to before (Yuen Long) and went on a transport system that I did not even know existed here (Light Rail), I still could not see anything that I wanted to take a photo of.

And so I came home and dug into my humongous book of quotes, poetry and information that I used to use during those uninspired days at university where we were required to spit out a new design concept at the click of a button and came across this quote by Richard Kemph which I thought was hilarious and so true. Then I went out to the harbour in hopes of taking a picture of total darkness at night with a bit of a reflection from the surrounding buildings and ended up with this quirky Rothko-esque image! It has not been photoshopped at all, but I think I shook the camera while I was shooting it. The ISO for sure was at 800-1200 (hence the grain) and the purplish/bluish lights are the reflections in the water from buildings across the harbour. It's not pretty, but I found it interesting!

3 comments:

  1. I like it! At first I thought you'd taken a picture of a piece of material =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we can go to Tuen Mun to see Castle Peak someday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha castlepeak is a little too strenuous a hike for my taste, but i do enjoy the scenery in the area

    ReplyDelete