Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 46: Test of English

DSC_0059

There's not much to report about today, except that I went to sit the TOEFL exam in hopes of strengthening my university applications for next year and may I just say that it was one of the most tedious and boring exams I've ever had to take, though at least it wasn't as moronic as the GRE. Heck, I was honestly trying not to fall asleep after reading a fourth of six passages about worm innards. And that was just the beginning... the listening, speaking and writing sections were even more dull.

And I know that my English is not world-class, but the fact that I could point out some very basic grammatical errors in the question paper amused me beyond words.

Oh and the picture of the day has nothing to do with anything, but just for information's sake, that's the Wan Chai Market. It's one of the last architectures of its kind in the territory, and yet it's still set down for demolition soon. It's already been evacuated from what I could see... sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment